[ALAC] Question regarding PTI Board

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:38:39 UTC 2015

I will be happy to see these people there.

-ed

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> During the discussion on the CWG Proposal, there was a question of exactly
> what the proposal called for regarding the composition of the PTI Board.
> The wording in the proposal is:
>
>  PTI Board
>>
>> As a separate legal entity, PTI will have a board of directors and have
>> the minimum statutorily required responsibilities and powers. The construct
>> of the PTI Board will be a range of 3-5 people to be appointed by ICANN as
>> the sole member of PTI. The PTI Board could be comprised of three directors
>> who are employed by ICANN or PTI (for example, the ICANN Executive
>> responsible for PTI, the ICANN CTO and the IANA Managing Director), and two
>> additional independent directors. The two additional directors must be
>> nominated using an appropriately rigorous nomination mechanism (e.g.
>> through the use of the ICANN Nominating Committee).
>>

> As you can see, the proposal does not provide a hard and fast
> specification, but does make some general recommendations. If all people
> maintain their current responsibilities, and the "ICANN executive
> responsible for PTI" is the same executive who is now responsible for IANA,
> the three "ICANN directors" would be Elise Gerich, David Conrad and Akram
> Atallah.

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.