[ALAC] URGENT: ALAC Review of Sensitive TLDs and necessary PICs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 16 05:17:34 UTC 2015

As you will all remember, in LA, we issued advice to the Board
regarding the highly regulated and sensitive TLD for which the GAC
had requested specific safeguards.

To date, that advice has neither been accepted or rejected and is
still the subject of discussion.

I have summarized the overall story and have provided the assessment
that I, Evan and Olivier have made of the TLD in question.

The board interaction with the ALAC on this issue has been
revolutionary (and will also be raised in the ALAC Board meeting in BA).

In Buenos Aires, this issue will be on the agenda and there will be a
discussion with the GAC which will include this topic.

Please review this document and the assessments that have been made,
and be prepared to indicate whether you agree with the assessments,
or to further discuss them.