[ALAC] [IANA-issues] CCWG-Accountability REVISED Draft Comment Posted.

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Tue Jun 2 04:44:37 UTC 2015

Dear Alan,

Just to let you know that there was a mistake in the publication of the initial questions in the comments website.

Apparently a copy/paste mistake by staff led to the omission of three questions. The omitted questions are:

Fundamental Bylaws
Additional question:

The CCWG-Accountability welcomes feedback on whether there is a need, as part of Work Stream 1 (pre-Transition), to provide for any other means for other parts of the ICANNsystem to be able to propose new Fundamental Bylaws or changes to existing ones.  In particular, the CCWG-Accountability welcomes feedback on whether the Mission should be subject to even higher thresholds of Board or community assent.
Mechanism to empower the Community
Additional questions:

Do you agree that the introduction of a community mechanism to empower the community over certain Board decisions would enhance ICANN's accountability?
What guidance, if any, would you provide to the CCWG-Accountability regarding the proposed options? Please provide the underlying rationale in terms of required accountability features or protection against certain contingencies.
I believe that although not directly mentioned in the draft you put together, for obvious reasons, You do address the questions in the different comments you make in the body of the document.

Best regards,

León