[ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Accountability CCWG Member selection

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at planet.tn
Sun Nov 9 08:39:25 UTC 2014

Alan,

I’m fine with the process described.

----

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605

Mobile: + 216 98 330 114

Fax:       + 216 70 853 376

----

-----Message d'origine-----
De : alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] De la part de Alan Greenberg
Envoyé : dimanche 9 novembre 2014 04:29
À : ALAC
Objet : [ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Accountability CCWG Member selection

This is a Consensus Call for ALAC Members.

As you know, the Charter for the Accountability CCWG is under review

and is expected to be ratified (with or without modification) by most

ACs and SOs in the coming few weeks (see

https://community.icann.org/x/JjDxAg). Accordingly we will need to

select Members for this CCWG as representatives of the ALAC.

Following a discussion with the ALT, I would like to suggest the

following that I hope you will all agree with.

- We are allowed five Members on the CCWG and as per our standard

practice, we will attempt to select one per region.

- Members of the Accountability CCWG will need to be familiar with

ICANN and its various current accountability mechanisms (all well

documented) or as per the CCWG Charter, must otherwise have expertise

in related areas

(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/enhancing-accountability-faqs-2014-08
-22-en#12).

- Also according to the Charter, Members must be willing "Commit to

actively participate in the activities of the CCWG-Accountability on

an ongoing and longterm basis".

- To ensure that the ALAC representatives meet these criteria, there

will be a call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) issued which will

then be evaluated.

- Olivier has agreed to lead the selection process as he has for

several other recent selections. He will convene a group based on the

one that made the previous selections, but in consultation with the

RALOs, may replace those members who:

     - are no longer willing to serve;

     - previously volunteered but did not meet their commitments

     - plan to submit an EoI to be a Member in the Accountability CCWG

NOTE that participation in the CCWG is open to all, and the only

difference between Members and other Participants is that Members may

take part in polls (if any) to guide the CCWG and Members may need to

interact with the ALAC or other At-Large groups and potentially take

direction from them. To start, the CCWG will be populated with

Participants who indicated an interest in the defunct Accountability

Cross Community group (https://community.icann.org/x/TwHxAg).

Do we have agreement that this process should be followed to select

the Accountability CCWG Members representing the ALAC?

Please respond by 23:59 UTC on Monday, 10 November 2014.

ALAC at atlarge-lists.icann.org