[ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Accountability CCWG Member selection
alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Nov 9 03:29:03 UTC 2014
This is a Consensus Call for ALAC Members.
As you know, the Charter for the Accountability CCWG is under review
and is expected to be ratified (with or without modification) by most
ACs and SOs in the coming few weeks (see
https://community.icann.org/x/JjDxAg). Accordingly we will need to
select Members for this CCWG as representatives of the ALAC.
Following a discussion with the ALT, I would like to suggest the
following that I hope you will all agree with.
- We are allowed five Members on the CCWG and as per our standard
practice, we will attempt to select one per region.
- Members of the Accountability CCWG will need to be familiar with
ICANN and its various current accountability mechanisms (all well
documented) or as per the CCWG Charter, must otherwise have expertise
in related areas
- Also according to the Charter, Members must be willing "Commit to
actively participate in the activities of the CCWG-Accountability on
an ongoing and longterm basis".
- To ensure that the ALAC representatives meet these criteria, there
will be a call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) issued which will
then be evaluated.
- Olivier has agreed to lead the selection process as he has for
several other recent selections. He will convene a group based on the
one that made the previous selections, but in consultation with the
RALOs, may replace those members who:
- are no longer willing to serve;
- previously volunteered but did not meet their commitments
- plan to submit an EoI to be a Member in the Accountability CCWG
NOTE that participation in the CCWG is open to all, and the only
difference between Members and other Participants is that Members may
take part in polls (if any) to guide the CCWG and Members may need to
interact with the ALAC or other At-Large groups and potentially take
direction from them. To start, the CCWG will be populated with
Participants who indicated an interest in the defunct Accountability
Cross Community group (https://community.icann.org/x/TwHxAg).
Do we have agreement that this process should be followed to select
the Accountability CCWG Members representing the ALAC?
Please respond by 23:59 UTC on Monday, 10 November 2014.
More information about the ALAC