[ALAC] TR: [Accountability-dt] For review - Final Version of Enhancing ICANN Accountability CWG Charter

Vanda Scartezini vanda at uol.com.br
Thu Nov 6 18:37:15 UTC 2014

 Hi all

 I believe we need to think a little about the Enhancing ICANN
Transparency and accountability process.
 Transparency and accountability processes can be as deeper as we can but
a balance is needed.
First question on any accountability process we shall ask ourselves is  if
the disclosed information that always had a cost to be extracted is of any
interest for the community the organisation is serving.
Without such question we risk to go too far and transform the organisation
in a huge bureaucratic and inefficient body with no real service to its
community. Worse, at a huge waste of money that otherwise could be used in
favor of the community itself.

Thinking about it, one colleague from LACRALO has suggested one sentence
to be added to the charter procedures that I believe resume the thoughts
above and deserves consideration by the members of the chapter.
 Here the suggestion:
 ³² Add to any criteria under consideration an impact analysis on the
efficiency, efficacy and costs related to substantives processes that
ICANN shall be transparent and accountable to its community²"

Best to all

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004