[ALAC] ICANN Transparency charts

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Fri May 2 02:48:00 UTC 2014

Dear Olivier,

I agree that information must be updated. I took a dive into some of the topics and certainly some are more up to date than others but in any case there seems to be a serious lag between the latest information available and that desirable.

I am not familiar with the frequency under which the different parties involved are supposed to update their information or how this information is fed into ICANN but in any case I believe that whenever a chart is presumably out of date, then there, at least, should be convenient to have a note stating the frequency or periods under which such information is supposed to be updated. In other terms, it should be clear to the user whether the information is really out of date or if it is not available and that may seem as outdated data.

So I would say it is convenient that we make a statement on this and also include a petition in order to be clear on the applicable periodicity for each of the charts to be updated and the need to be clear about this timeframes in front of users.

Of course I would happily hold the pen for this too.

All the best,

León