[ALAC] Compliance PIC enforcement

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 26 21:36:57 UTC 2014

 Agree- good catch and yes, a formal letter is a good suggestion -
happy to let Alan with his knowledge of this do the hard yards

 Holly

 On Wed 26/03/14 5:17 PM , Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org sent:
 Good catch, Alan. I agree that such a question should be filled.
 On Mar 26, 2014 11:53 AM, "Alan Greenberg"  wrote:

 > At the meeting between Compliance and ALAC on Sunday, Maguy
reported that
 > there is a form on the ICANN web site for reporting alleged PIC
violations.

 > At the public compliance session today, it became clear that this
form was
 > related to the PICDRP (http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/ [1]
 > applicants/agb/picdrp-19dec13-en.pdf).
 >
 > The PICDRP is ostensibly applicable only if the complainant can
claim it
 > has been harmed by the alleged non-compliance.
 >
 > To quote: "1.1 Any person or entity that believes they have been
harmed as
 > a result of a Registry Operator's act or omission in connection
with the
 > operation of its gTLD that is non-compliant with its PICs may
report such
 > alleged non-compliance by the Registry Operator ("Reporter")."
 >
 > During the session question period, I explicitly asked whether the
process
 > was applicable if the complainant does not claim any harm to the
 > complainant.
 >
 > The answer was less than crystal clear. We were told that
Compliance would
 > evaluate the complaint and decide whether it had merit (including
following
 > up with the complainant if the submitted information was
insufficient). On
 > specific questioning of whether they would consider it a valid
complaint if
 > no harm was demonstrated, there was not a definitive answer.
Related to

https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large [4]+
 > Advisory+Committee+(ALAC)

 At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org [6]