[ALAC] Compliance complaint

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Mar 13 03:23:10 UTC 2014

On Mar 12, 2014 8:33 PM, "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I am assuming that the lack of a reply from Olivier means we have heard
nothing back.

> Compliance has already they don't want to spend the time with us going
over the same presentation that they will give in the public session, so
focusing on our proposal for a new submission tool seems appropriate.

I agree, partially.

The submission tool issue is important, but only part of a larger
conversation about ICANN's approach towards third-party whistleblowers,
consumer groups, state regulators, etc. Improving the submission tool is
necessary but not sufficient.

And then there is still the issue of backlogs of complaints, which cannot
be brushed aside if they remain unresolved. This isn't like a bankruptcy;
ICANN can't just absolve itself of responsibility because it has upgraded
the contract.

Even if action can't be taken because an older fraudulent act didn't
violate an old RAA, these issues still needs closure as a matter of
salvaging trust.

It will be interesting to know how much of the above will be covered in the
public Compliance session.