[ALAC] Fwd: Proposed Joint Statement on IANA Transition and ICANNAccountability?

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 25 07:49:02 UTC 2014

 Hi Olivier (and everyone)

 I would support the principles of the statement - not necessarily the
words.

 I think what we can all agree on would be more accountability -
within ICANN itself, but also accountability of the board. I'm not
sure people want external structures. What Group 4 came up with was a
staanding entity of some kind that includes all the elements of the
ICANN community (and perhaps wider although - personally - not sure
how that would work. So can we have general words about accountability
structure of the Board that is independent of the Board - without
getting more specific

 Hope that helps

 Holly

 On Wed 25/06/14 5:02 PM , Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com sent:
 Please be so kind to also consider the email below, which includes
the
 proposed text.
 Kind regards,

 Olivier