[ALAC] Board Response to Statement made during the ICANN 50 Public Forum by GNSO's Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Mon Jul 7 23:24:59 UTC 2014

Thanks Rinalia. This is very useful information.

It seems to me that Steve’s response let’s us see that there’s an “already planned accountability track” in which regardless of our active participation or not, the goal’s been set and it would seem it’s just a matter of “process” to get to where said track has already set the finish line. Furthermore, it surprises me that he emphasizes “your active participation” as if the community hadn’t been active on the subject. Suddenly it seems that all those statements that have been sent to the Board and which have been disregarded, didn’t even exist to begin with to the eyes of the Board. That worries me and hope worries others as well.

As an incoming member of the Board, which would you consider to be “active participation” by Acs/SOs enough to be taken into account by the Board? Would it be fair to say that “active participation” depends at some level on “active consideration and action in consequence” by the Board?

All the best,

León