[ALAC] Report of Board Working Group on Nominating Committee

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:22:35 UTC 2014

>From my quick read, very interesting.  Some really good thinking went into
this.

Staggered 2-year terms and term limit are improvements. The organisation by
delegation is merely recognizing what I think obtains now. Ensuring cross
delegation support for election is a useful innovation.  Note the recall
provision is missing; it removes recall power from appointing entity and
vests removal in the NomCom as a whole, albeit with a supermajority.

Appointing entity therefore has an enhanced duty of care; the ALAC may have
to reconsider and review it process for NomCom appointments.  Good idea to
embrace a Chair from the outside. The interim Chair selection process is a
recipe for confusion though.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799