[ALAC] Report of Board Working Group on Nominating Committee

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 21 20:09:26 UTC 2014

The report of the Board Working Group on Nominating Committee has
finally been released.

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/bwg-nomcom-21aug14-en.pdf

Short and pretty concise, and makes interesting reading.

No explicit changes for ALAC - still 5 members on NomCom and still
recommends appointing 5 ALAC Members. Far more changes for rest of
AC/SOs though.

Also recommends 2-year terms for those on the NomCom including Chair
(with a number of escape hatches).

I have concerns with some aspects, but overall looks like a
thoughtful piece of work. And far better than the external reviews we
tend to get.