[ALAC] Joint RySG and BC Position Statement on ICANN Staff's Proposed Accountability Process

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Fri Aug 15 04:50:08 UTC 2014

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for this follow-up. As you once said and I believe most of us agreed, it would be convenient to stress the fact that one of the reasons we didn’t quite support the full GNSO joint statement was because its wording could lead to hold ICANN liable under certain circumstances and that is something that must not evolve like that. In other words, as I recall you saying, ICANN should remain harmless but still accountable.

I cannot think of other point that could be raised on your call.

I hope you find this useful.

All the best,

León