[ALAC] Statement regarding the CCWG submission to NETmundial

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 30 03:27:16 UTC 2014

I have re-read the statement submitted to NETmundial. I believe that
the ALAC can easily say that it supports the process by which this
statement was developed as well as the full contents.

However, as events unfolded, with the exception of the concept of
multistakeholderism, the issues on which the CCWG statement raised
were not the issues that NETmundial focused on, nor were they central
to the NETmundial outcomes document. In consideration of that and the
lack of any other public comments submitted, I believe that there is
no need for the ALAC to submit a statement.

Should the ALAC nonetheless feel that a submission is necessary, I suggest:

See https://community.icann.org/x/lzbRAg