[ALAC] Board seat electorate

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:17:40 UTC 2013

+1

-ed

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>wrote:

> Dear Alan,
>
> thank you for proposing a potential solution. Everyone - please be so
> kind to indicate support or make alternative proposals.
> Many thanks,
>
> Olivier
>
> On 12/11/2013 19:49, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> > It appears that we have an issue that was not thought about when the
> > new ALAC RoP were contemplated. Specifically, we have a person who
> > will be both a RALO Chair and an ALAC member (for APRALO), thus
> > holding two votes in the Board member election. From my point of view,
> > this is not a great situation.
> >
> > We can either leave things as they are, or approve an additional rule
> > allowing the Chair vote to be cast by someone else. That is similar to
> > rules we already have for potential voters who cannot vote due a
> > conflict. Since the RoP are silent on this issue, the under RoP
> > 10.1.3, the ALAC is empowered to approve an additional rule without
> > formally modifying the RoP. I would suggest the following. The second
> > sentence also covers another case we forgot, specifically if an ALAC
> > member is sick or otherwise unavailable to participate.
> >
> >> If A RALO Chair is not currently filled, or unavailable to
> >> participate as an elector, or should the RALO Chair also hold a vote
> >> as an ALAC member, the RALO for his/her region will name a
> >> replacement for the purposes of the vote. This replacement must be
> >> approved by vote of the RALO according to its rules. If an ALAC
> >> member is unavailable to participate as an elector, the RALO for
> >> his/her region will name a replacement for the purposes of the vote.
> >> This replacement must be approved by vote of the RALO according to
> >> its rules.
> >
> > If we want to make such a change, it should really be done in BA.
> >
> > Alan

> > At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
> > ALAC Working Wiki:

> --
> Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
> http://www.gih.com/ocl.html

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.