[ALAC] BGC decision of NCSG reconsideration request on TM+50

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Sun May 26 03:10:17 UTC 2013

GAC Principles are at <
http://archive.icann.org/en/committees/gac/gac-cctldprinciples-23feb00.htm >,
which says:

9.1.6 In so far as ccTLD registration policies allow or encourage
registrations from entities or individuals resident outside the relevant
territory, then the delegee concerned should implement dispute resolution
policies that ensure that the interests of all registrants, and of third
parties, including those outside their territory and in other
jurisdictions, are taken into account. Dispute resolution policies should,
to the greatest extent possible, follow common principles, including due
regard for internationally recognised intellectual property, consumer
protection and other relevant law, and be implemented by all delegees. The
delegee should, so far as possible, implement alternative dispute
resolution procedures conducted online, without precluding access to court
litigation.

WIPO provides for DR services for a list of ccTLDs. Please see <
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/cctld/>. More than 70% of these ccTLDs
directly apply UDRP and the rest of them apply the DRP "modelled" on UDRP.
Most of these ccTLDs "allow or encourage registrations from entities or
individuals resident outside the relevant territory".

So, yes, at least the management and policy of those "open" ccTLDs are very
similar to gTLDs.

Hong