[ALAC] Rules of Procedure - Draft for discussion at 26 March ALAC meeting

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Mar 26 16:17:00 UTC 2013

On 26/03/2013 16:42, Avri Doria wrote:
> Almost the same thing.
> And once the new authority is given, good luck taking it back.

I think that this authority given to the ExCom would be on specific
tasks. I just cannot imagine the ALAC as a whole letting the ExCom run
the show altogether. As a Chair, I'd be unhappy to see this happen. I
despair when statements go out with little input from At-Large members.
I know that we often assume that no input (silence) is an agreement, but
I'd rather see input from a wide range of people around the world - and
I cannot do this alone - and thus the ALAC requires the help of its
RALOs, with active involvement from the RALOs.

This emphasis on the RALOs increasing communication and reaching out to
the edges is one of the main tasks we now have on our plate.

Kind regards,

Olivier