[ALAC] Rules of Procedure - Draft for discussion at 26 March ALAC meeting

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Mar 25 18:27:44 UTC 2013

Thanks for this work. I approve of the changes and believe they do improve
clarity.

I have one question (and apologize for the tardiness, I haven't really been
contributing much):

*11.4.2 For votes taken electronically or over a period of time, all ALAC
Members  are deemed to have been present*

I wonder if this may be problematic, in cases where an online vote
(nominally now done by BigPulse) is held, but does not have many
participants. If a BigPulse vote is held but does not have at least a
quorum's worth of votes, does it still count?

I would suggest choosing either of two paths:

either

*  11.4.2 For votes taken electronically or over a period of time, all ALAC
Members  are deemed to have been present. Members who do not participate in
the vote will be deemed to have abstained.
*

or

*  11.4.2 For votes taken electronically or over a period of time, at least
50% of sitting ALAC members must record a vote in order for the result to
be a valid decision*

My preference is for the second choice but I can live with either.

- Evan