[ALAC] RUSH: Statement on ccTLD/gTLD Delegation/Redelegation Consultation

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:33:05 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I just submitted my comment on the wiki, but I would like to copy it
here - with some explanations.

"In my opinion, "accountability and transparency of the involvement of
the ‘Local Internet Community” and  ‘Significantly Interested
Parties’" mean also consultation with ALSes, which represent
"interested or affected" local Internet community. It means that each
such ALS has to receive direct e-mail from ICANN At-Large Staff with
information, that IANA received any request for redelegation. In case,
if ANY of such ALSes will object to such redelegation, this objection
has to be considered on the level of corresponding RALO and the result
of this consideration has to be reported to ALAC. In case if ALAC will
find such objections reasonable, the decision of ALAC has to be
submitted to the Board."

Explanations: I would like to clarify the role, the rights and
responsibilities of each ALS in any issue, which is "interesting or
affecting for local community". In case of redelegation of ccTLD or
delegation of new IDNS ccTLD it's easy to find such ALSes. In case of
new gTLD it would be necessary to relay on dashboard, on which
Capacity Building WG is working just now. That is why it is necessary
to register the sphere of primary interests of each ALS in this
dashboard.

Best regards,
Oksana