[ALAC] IMPORTANT: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENTS on gTLD Objections

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Mar 8 23:40:33 UTC 2013

Dear ALAC members,

by now, you should have received your ballots, all 4 of them, to vote on
each of the Applications for the ".HEALTH" string.

BEFORE VOTING, I invite you to review all of the information at hand for
each of these applications. The Conference Call we had today discussed
the details of the context in which those objections are being
considered and explained where all of the information was.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO CONSULT THE RECORDING OF THIS CALL BEFORE GOING
ANY FURTHER.

This is linked from the call Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/8JNwAg

On this agenda page, you will also find the following:

- links to a summary of RALO advice for EACH of the .HEALTH applications
(Section 3: read all of the comments on each of the WIKI sub-pages, for
each application because this is where Dev has posted the correspondence
received)

 1. Applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string
    <https://community.icann.org/x/t4xwAg>
 2. Applicant ""Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string
    <https://community.icann.org/x/v4xwAg>
 3. Applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string
    <https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg>
 4. Applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string
    <https://community.icann.org/x/y4xwAg>

- a review of the replies received by RALOs who had the most discussion
about the matter (Section 4)

- A review of the PICs - Public Interest Commitment; of the GAC early
Warnings; of the applications etc.

- a link to the At-Large New gTLD Review Group mailing list archive.
This will allow you to be up to date with all correspondence received
from the applicants, as well as other organisations supporting or
opposing the objections. This makes for an interesting reading. Please
look for the "View by Date" for February and March 2013. It is worth
noting that ALL CORRESPONDENCE is on each one of the WIKI pages where
Dev has posted them.

Before voting, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS ADVICE. Take a *couple of hours*
this week-end to make up your mind. If in doubt, ask your colleagues on
the ALAC list. And I repeat: please listen to the call recording, if you
have missed the call. Several very important questions were answered.
Also have a look at the Chat record.

Staff have submitted a priority request for the transcript of the call
to be made available to us as soon as possible and will announce it as
soon as it is received.

Have a good week-end,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair