[ALAC] Important - For the 8 March ALAC Meeting on .health Objections - A view on key questions prior to ALAC vote

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Mar 8 18:03:21 UTC 2013

Hi Rinalia,

In terms of At-Large's scope:  I think that the idea of ALAC representing all of At-Large and by virtue of that all Internet users is wonderfully aspirational.  To claim that ALAC deserves such a role already is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.  I beleive that one day it might deserve such a role, but it has a long way to go before it becomes representative of the Global Internet User.

In terms of your arguments for the Objection:  You make a very good case for a Limited Public Interest Objection, which is unquestionably within ALAC's prerogatives.  The case for a community objection on the other really seems to be missing.

avri