[ALAC] Voting infrastructure rules

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 31 23:30:34 UTC 2013

At 31/01/2013 06:14 PM, Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
>Comments inline
>
>On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Alan Greenberg
><alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > In my mind, it is essential that we see who has voted and who has not. That
> > allows regional people to make sure their ALAC members vote.
>
>It *is* essential. Absolutely. And that information is (and should be)
>published AFTER the voting period has concluded. Not during the vote.

You missed my point. This gives ALAC members an incentive to vote,
and more important, it allows their regional colleagues to remind
them when they have not done so.

And when the vote is being proposed by someone (as many have by me),
it allows that person to nudge ALAC members to ensure that the vote
is as complete as possible, and the result gives a strong message
from the ALAC.