[ALAC] Voting infrastructure rules

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:52:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Dev Anand Teelucksingh <devtee at gmail.com>wrote:

> Doesn't the potential exist where the 3 ALAC members yet to vote can
> be contacted by other ALAC members *or observers* to influence their
> vote?

True, but IMHO, some ways up from the case where someone who probably
didn't even hear an argument would deign to *tell* me how to vote!

I fully expect somebody to try and influence my vote via argument, even
supplication. Quite frankly if this was not one of the objectives of
argument/discussion on a matter before a vote is called, then might as well
get one a them capuchins, put a ALAC bib on that little sucker, give him a
pencil and tell 'em 'here boy, go make your mark'!

-Carlton