[ALAC] The ESADT, Board Seat 15 and voting

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 14 03:23:30 UTC 2013

All I can give is my understanding, which may well be wrong, and I
will let Cheryl, who oversaw both processes correct me.

I do not recall any intent to review the entire selection process
before the next selection. I do recall that there was an intent to do
a postmortem and fix any operational issues that came up, but not to
rethink the overall methodology.

Regarding the RoP re-write, the intent has always been to adjust the
rules and most certainly to clarify them and make them understandable
and clear. There was not an intent (again, from my understanding) to
change any basic principles, and that was said quite explicitly with
respect to the Rule 27 reformulation.

And for the record, I was not comparing your raising this issue to
the origins of the present RPM discussion, just the re-opening of
issues that had been debated and closed.

Alan