[ALAC] Request for ALAC to take action

Garth Bruen gbruen at knujon.com
Thu Dec 12 19:56:47 UTC 2013

Dear Olivier and Colleagues,

I am requesting that the Chair take action on the attached item. To
summarize a contracted party to ICANN is employing an proven invalid privacy
service for its registrants. This is not my research alone but has been
validated and confirmed by journalists at the Washington Post (see:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/how-violent-porn-sites-man
age-to-hide-information-that-should-be-public/2013/12/06/e0861378-3773-11e3-
ae46-e4248e75c8ea_story_4.html). The registrar in question has been aware of
the issue for over 2 years. Because of the scale of the issue and in the
interests of transparency I am requesting this be logged as an official ALAC
matter with At-Large staff and be forwarded to ICANN Compliance by the ALAC
Chair for investigation.

Please contact me with any questions.

-Garth

-------------------------------------

Garth Bruen
gbruen at knujon.com

617-947-3805
http://www.knujon.com
Chair of ICANN At-Large North America (naralo.org)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/149/724
Blog:
http://www.digitalcitizensalliance.org/cac/alliance/blog.aspx?ident=garth
Twitter: @Knujon

"If history is deprived of the Truth, we are left with nothing but an idle,
unprofitable tale" -Polybius