[ALAC] Community Priority Evaluation Update from ICANN

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 21 13:30:37 UTC 2013

Dear Rinalia,

thanks for your follow-up.

On 21/08/2013 14:24, Rinalia Abdul Rahim wrote:

> 1. Raise questions about the process and criteria that led to the
> appointment of the EIU. JJS has flagged some of the key questions.

I have asked Staff to raise this internally and am awaiting a reply.

> 2. Raise questions about how ICANN will ensure that EIU will have
> appropriate community expertise among its cadre of evaluators and what
> kind of training they will have that provides community
> orientation/sensitivity. Carlton has flagged some of the questions.

This was already raised in a Statement we have sent to the Board and the
Board newgTLD Committee with both Chairs acknowledging receipt of the
Statement and promising a further reply soon.

> Happy to draft something for the ALAC's consideration.

Well I am not too sure about what further Statement to send out. Staff
should provide me with a confirmation of the votes today and I'll
follow-up with the Chairs of the Board and the Board new gTLD Committee,
providing them with the ALAC's vote counts. I will take this opportunity
to ask specifically about the EIU question which we have raised. If you
believe I should raise any other question along this line, please let me
know ASAP so I'll integrate it in my email.

Kind regards,

Olivier