[ALAC] Red Cross/IOC - Questions for Consensus Call - Reply due by September 26th

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 25 04:23:14 UTC 2012

Sala, one question. You end one paragraph with "It follows that any
variations to Registry Agreements require the activation of a Policy
Development Process (PDP)."

Can you explain how "it follows"? Reserved names are one of the
things in signed registry agreements that are subject to Consensus
Policy created by a PDP (colloquially called "within the picket
fence"), but in this case we are talking about a draft registry
agreement that is not yet in force and is explicitly prefixed with
the notice that ICANN may make changes prior to it being used.

Alan