[ALAC] Analysis of WHOIS AoC RT Recommendations.

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 3 19:18:10 UTC 2012

Hi Holly, thanks for this.

Although I don't disagree with the substance of what you say, I am
afraid that it is a bit late (or a bit early) to be saying it. The
current statement under discussion is solely identifying the
recommendations what do or do not, in the opinion of ALAC, require
GNSO policy development prior to Board action. Part of what you
suggest was implicitly in the statement the ALAC approved during its
teleconference last week. Perhaps that statement could have included
more details, but the feeling at the time was that it needed to be
short and to the point.

I am sure that there will be additional opportunities to comment (or
we could use our prerogative of speaking to the Board at any time)
and these ideas should be fully fleshed out and made as appropriate.

Alan