[ALAC] ICANN meeting on Fridays

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Mar 28 10:23:39 UTC 2012

On 28/03/2012 11:57, tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org wrote :
> I remember the room was full in San Francisco on Friday, in Nairobi too.

I remember this -- and wonder whether it is because back in those days
there was anticipation from interested parties in finding out if the
Board vote was to give the go-ahead to the new gTLD programme. Once this
was done, ICANN became a completely different animal. A segment of the
community is busy elsewhere now.

I have been given a few more ideas re: scrapping the Friday morning
session: I have been told this does not mean that key staff that the
ExCom meets with would leave early. It just means that some support
staff would be able to leave. I am also told that it would not mean the
Friday ExCom meeting would be scrapped. I am curious as to the why/what
-- but see significant opposition here, as expected.
Keep your thoughts coming in.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--