[ALAC] Additional Agenda item for Board-ALAC meeting on Tuesday

Titilayo Bolarinwa titi.akinsanmi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:32:26 UTC 2012

1. Entrance on more players: not all necessarily new but certainly with an increased stake in ICANN; Increased margin for criticism on balance of powers from external critics of the new gtld program and ICANN.
2. Strain on an already 'flawed' process: referring to balance of powers, Precedence set with exceptions: more requests for exceptions by a range of 'international' players requiring similar treatment as IRC and IOC; existing flawed systems and processes if not immediately addressed being applied to new entrants e.g RAA aspects being reviewed, flawed aspects of WHOIS and compliance monitoring
3. Test on tenuous trust that is being grown between internal stakeholder groupings
Increased focus on internal processes by external critics of the new gtld program
4. More work all around for all constituencies with even less time to ensure process followed adequately and ineptly by all parts of the system - an existing problem.

Early morning thoughts...

TT
Sent from my iPad