[ALAC] [ALAC-Internal] ALAC in an evolving ICANN.

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jul 3 23:37:38 UTC 2012

Dear Jean-Jacques,

thank you for your intervention in Prague and the the kind follow-up
note below, incorporating all of your suggestions. I have also read much
of the follow-up discussions and agree with many points raised.

As some people have mentioned, the issue of several Vice Chairs, each
with more specific areas of responsibility, is one of the many solutions
that present themselves for the future scaling up of At-Large. Indeed,
the demands on the Chair are likely to continue increasing as activity
continues to grow and as the community expands. We therefore need, as a
community, to look at expanding roles and this is exactly what the Rules
of Procedure (RoP) Working Group is tasked to do.

Your suggestions are to be taken into account without forgetting the
At-Large improvement recommendations, especially 8.3 recommending the
establishment of a Policy Scheduling Team (PST) and Policy Review
Committee (PRC). There are others too, all found in the report.
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/30345801/ALAC+At-Large+Improvements+Implementation+Project+-+Final+Report+25+June+2012.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1340659631000

The Rules of Procedure WG will no doubt be using all of this valuable
input in its discussions.

Kind regards,

Olivier

ps. Just for future reference, no need to include the alac-internal list
which is only used for administrative discussions like travel & logistic
issues.