[ALAC] Where is ALAC on the TAS problem?

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 19 14:31:19 UTC 2012

   Happy to help out.

   Regardless of what happens tomorrow I believe ALAC at minimum needs to push
   for a full accounting of what happened here, emergency process issues and
   whatever potential issues may be at stake regards the stability of the
   Internet. The public perception is that this flagship TAS has been on ice
   now several days, just after extensive reporting about the new gTLD process
   in the mainstream press.

   No matter how you look at it, from the outside this is a public relations
   disaster -- it would be less so, perhaps, if the organization involved was
   not mandated with Internet stability, safety and security. "We're working on
   it, we'll get back to you" might be an acceptable response for a corporate
   IT department, but not for the IT department of the Internet.