[ALAC] Final ALAC Statement on Preliminary Issue Report on ‘Thick’ Whois

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 24 01:18:56 UTC 2011

The revised version of the statement based on comment submitted has
been posted at
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30345624.

Aside from stylistic changes, the only two substantive changes were:

- In sub-item 1, the intent of the statement needed to be clarified
as suggested by Eduardo.
- Sub-item 3 was added based on a comment I made early in the process
with no one disputing it.

Of the other suggestions, they generally were:

- counter to community input in the earlier round of e-mail comments;
- supported but did not change what was already in the draft statement; or
- were issues related to the substantive discussion of whether the
change from thin to thick should be made, the subject of the PDP if
one should be started, but was not required in this vetting of the
Preliminary Issue Report.

If you have any concerns with this final statement, please contact me.