[ALAC] Call for volunteers on public comments / recap from ALAC and ALAC Executive Committee calls

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:53:23 UTC 2011

Additional Note ALL>>>  Under the item  5  IDN  report  version 3.0 ...  I
also  added  to the ccNSO Liaison page (when I did the July Activity Update
=> literally a few minutes ago)   a new section  that I will try to keep up
on anything from ccNSO  world  that might need to make it into our various
Agenda's  for the coming month...
NEW Current ccNSO Activities; Call for Comment;  etc.,  recommended for
ALAC, RALO and/or ALS input, contribution  or focus  upon:

1. The IDN Guidelines Revision Working Group (comprised of  ccTLD and gTLD
registry representatives, supported by ICANN  staff) has published a new
version of the IDN Implementation Guidelines (3.0):
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/idn-guidelines-discussion-draft-clean-25jul11-en.pdf

It is open for public comments until 26 August 2011:
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/idn-guidelines-revision-27jul11-en.htm

SO (*subtle hint time*) if any of the  RALO Leadership, Secretariats, ALAC,
 have NOT  as yet subscribed to watch changes  from  my ccNSO liaison page
(and others  of course ;-)   NOW perhaps would be a great time to do so...

NOTE  from Me on the current IDN  PC  => I assume  the IDN Liaisons newly
formed  group (names were collected / confirmed in Singapore but I'm sure
Edmon is still open to more assistance)  will 'hold the pen on drafting
 what I recommend  IS an ALAC  Statement on this important IDN  issue...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)