[ALAC] Modification of statement submitted regarding At-Large Director Bylaws

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 26 02:16:39 UTC 2010

The process is already very complicated due to the setup that has
been adopted by At-Large. Once a person is not on the slate, there is
no reason that they cannot be re-enfranchised. I am not sure how any
voting can be neutral, as by its very definition it requires people
(or organizations if RALO's direct votes) to make very personal decisions.

And whether such a person will be replaced in the interim is not at
all clear. Although I have suggested such a mechanism in my initial
comments, they were not part of the proposed Bylaw revision for all voters.

Alan