[WHOIS-WG] Article 29 Party To ICANN

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Thu Sep 27 23:10:45 UTC 2012

On 27 Sep 2012, at 20:24, "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> The Washington DC meeting which was referred to in the RAA Negotiation update

The RAA negotiations are between registrars and ICANN.

Since the bulk of the "asks" have come from LEA / GAC they have held a couple of meetings with the negotiating teams over the last few months

None of the meetings have been recorded etc., as far as I know

> which Carlton had pointed out to the At Large list:
>
>  "six additional negotiating sessions, including two all-day in-person
> meetings held in Washington DC (one of which was attended by Governmental
> Advisory Committee members and representatives from the law enforcement
> representatives)
>
> Also further to third question that I had asked, I was and remain curious as to how the scope of those discussions affect all four studies but of particular interest the Whois Proxy and Privacy Abuse Study; the Whois Proxy and Privacy Relay and Reveal Study and the Whois Registrant Identification Study?

they're not related - at least not directly

the RAA meetings have been focussed on the topics that were decided based on the working group on the subject - with the bulk of requests coming from LEA / GAC

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection