[WHOIS-WG] Fwd: RFP for RESTful WHOIS Server

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Fri May 18 15:29:55 UTC 2012

 I am especially  happy to see this.
This was a proposal I made when commenting on SAC051
http://forum.icann.org/lists/sac051-draft-roadmap/msg00002.html  and
that was  further acknowledged in  the report on said comments. To be
honest, the BC also suggested a similar approach.

I think it is important that there is a working implementation by the
time the standard is ready. This will mean little delay in adoption and
deployment. And no more excuses from registries to not implement it.
 As a reminder, what blocked the deployment of the CRISP standard some
years ago was the lack of an industrial-strength,working server-side
application, that could be used by all registries with a minimum of
implementation effort.

Patrick