[WHOIS-WG] DRAFT ALAC Statement on the WHOIS Review

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:40:53 UTC 2011

Lutz:
Quick response....not exhaustive.

Re definitions, it is the *principle* that we're supporting here. The line
says '*we endorse a formal definition*...'.  This is not suggesting that we
agree with the one proposed.  What it says is we want one. In any event, we
expect the community to weigh in on what is finally determined.

To the matter of abandoning WHOIS, again, I'm not wedded to the mechanism
but to principle; there is a need to know even as we make adjustment for
peoples privacy and free speech rights.  So whatever floats the boat, I'm
in.  If your proposal will deliver these objectives then you can count on my
support.

Speaking for me and the WHOIS WG,  you can be assured that we will be
engaged on this matter with you.

Best,
Carlton

Carlton A Samuels