[WHOIS-WG] Contacts' responsibilities and Public Suffixes

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Sun Apr 25 16:09:48 CDT 2010

I fail to follow your logic

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight
http://Blacknight.tel

Via iPhone so excuse typos and brevity

On 25 Apr 2010, at 22:53, "Carlton Samuels" <carlton.samuels at gmail.com<mailto:carlton.samuels at gmail.com>> wrote:

Where I come from, it is a futile exercise to collect - or cause to be collected - disseminate and store invalid data. So, can we agree that if WHOIS data is to be worth more than a warm bucket of spit, it ought to be valid?

And can we further agree that if we conscientiously believe data validity is tangential, then conscience and reason demand its removal from the ICANN registrar contracts?

This would be the honest approach since it relieves ICANN of being fingered for noncompliance with its own rules, itself grist for charges of lax accountability and transparency.

At least those of us on the edge would be unburdened of this unseemly "wink and nod".

Carlton Samuels