[WHOIS-WG] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Thick Whois Initial Report - GNSO Policy Development Process

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Sat Jun 22 20:55:06 UTC 2013

FWIW, the personal comments I have submitted are here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-thick-whois-initial-21jun13/msg00000.html

In summary:
- port 43 WHOIS is broken. Stop wasting time on a dead horse  and
already start planning the future instead
- The industry is both judge and party if they are requested to lead the
changes. Any changes should involve first those to whom the data
belongs, the registrants, and those who draft and enforce the laws
(GAC). The industry (registry, registry, ICANN) just needs to abide.

Patrick