[NA-Discuss] Feedback request from NARALO Community

CAP Coordinator awvcscor at valleylibrary.ca
Wed Apr 19 22:07:22 UTC 2023

Hi Glenn,
Glad to see this discussion thread come up.    The Indigenous Fellowship is
certainly a step in the right direction.  The male to female ratio
certainly is not surprising but can see that trend evening out as time
passes with more programs coming forth to encourage female youth to engage
in technology.  As for engaging with persons with disabilities it would
seem reasonable to connect with organizations that work with persons with
disabilities.  Where I live in Nova Scotia there are a number of
organizations that come to mind that are proactive looking for alternative
options to engage with persons with disabilities.   Presumably there are
broader reaching national/international bodies that could be engaged with
be it CNIB or a host of others.  Did a quick look online and there are at
first glance many organizations playing a supportive role to persons with
disabilities(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disability_organizations).
As to how to market to individuals and organizations is a challenge.  First
thought there is to identify and amplify how becoming involved with NARALO
or the ICAAN Fellowship programme can be beneficial to persons with
disabilities and how it could potentially enrich their lives, work etc.

Will give this some more thought.

Dana