[NA-Discuss] I'm voting against changes to the NARALO Rules

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Sep 13 19:08:37 UTC 2022

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 4:55 AM Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Your opinion has been noted

It would have been nice to have such an opinion "noted" *BEFORE* a
ratification vote was held.

There was NOTHING previously sent to the NARALO mailing list in the past
months that suggested that such a major change was coming, and thus would
offer ALSs to look at a late draft.

According to the wiki
<https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Rules+of+Procedure+-+update+2022>,
August 18-31 was the (unannounced) comment period.

REALLY?

Even if it had been announced, we are talking about the heart of summer
vacation time and expecting to get substantial comments during that time is
... nuts.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56