[NA-Discuss] ICANN Policy courses at ICANN LEARN

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:27:32 UTC 2022

New courses about the At-Large community are now available: ICANN At-Large:
Welcome to Our World and ICANN Policy Development: A Guide for At-Large
Participants.

ICANN Learn <https://learn.icann.org/> now hosts two new courses about the
At-Large community.

*ICANN At-Large: Welcome to Our World* provides an introduction to the
At-Large community and the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), how they
function within the ICANN ecosystem, and how you can start and continue
your involvement in the At-Large community. *ICANN Policy Development: A
Guide for At-Large Participants* delivers a working knowledge of the ALAC
policy advice development process and the various policy development
opportunities for the At-Large community to join at ICANN. These two
courses will be evaluated for translation based on usage in English and
demand for the other standard United Nations languages.

The *Policy Development Fundamentals* course is a prerequisite to *ICANN
Policy Development: A Guide for At-Large Participants*, providing a
foundational understanding of how policy development works at ICANN. A
global community of stakeholders and participants with different
backgrounds and points of view help coordinate and support the unique
identifiers of the Internet. The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and
At-Large community express the interests of Internet end users as part of
ICANN policy development.

Capacity development across the ICANN ecosystem is a priority. These new
community-led   courses will serve as a cornerstone for building skills and
knowledge about the At-Large community and its policy advice work. We hope
the ICANN community enrolls in these courses.
Glenn McKnight, MA
Virtual School of Internet Governance
Chief Information Officer
www.virtualsig.org
*YOUR SOURCE FOR INTERNET GOVERNANCE EDUCATION *
*Mobile  437-237-4655*