[NA-Discuss] Accepting my Nomination to NomCom by Glenn McKnight

Peter Knight ptknight at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:11:47 UTC 2021

I have accepted Glenn's nomination to serve as
*ALAC Delegate**to the NomCom  *(see
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2021+NARALO+Regional+Selections)
and my Full SOI is available at
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Peter+T.+Knight+SOI.

In brief,

For partial CV see http://br.linkedin.com/in/petertknight.

I believe that my international experience in policy formation, advisory
and ICT4D strategy development qualifies me for the kind of work I would
like to do as a Delegate in NomCom. I have sought to expand access to a
unified global Internet and promote its use to accelerate social, economic
and political development since the early 1990s, and it continues to be my
passion. I do not claim any real expertise in the more technical aspects of
the DNS, etc., but have been learning the rudiments through participation
in ISOC, ICANN, and NARALO listserves, two ALAC Working Groups, and events,
both in person and via webcasts and Adobe Connect. More recently I became a
member of the Virtual School of Internet Governance with a view to
developing Portuguese and Russian language versions.

Now that I have a permanent residence in the United States (left Brazil
February 3, 2021) I have become more active in US politics and NARALO than
when I was based in Brazil.

With best regards,

Peter

----
Peter T. Knight, Ph.D.
Founding Member, and Member of the Board, Fernand Braudel Institute of
World Economics www.braudel.org.br
Coordinator, Sufficiency4Sustainability Network  *www.
<http://www.sufficiency4sustainability.org/>sufficiency4s
<http://www.sufficiency4sustainability.org/>ustainability.or