[NA-Discuss] Call for EoIs for the Position of At-Large Representative on the Fellowship Selection Committee or the Fellowship Mentor
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Nov 20 19:38:31 UTC 2020
Maureen Hilyard, Chair of the ALAC, is requesting Expressions of Interest (EoIs) to represent the ALAC/At-Large on the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee and as a Fellowship Mentor. Details of the positions are noted in the announcement below.
EOIs for either the position of At-Large representative on the Fellowship Selection Committee or the Fellowship Mentor should be sent to At-Large staff by Friday, 8 January 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
The 2021 ALAC Appointee Selection Committee (AASC) will review all EoIs and appoint the two representatives.
The deadline for the selection of representatives is 31 January 2021.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) invites its Supporting Organizations (SOs) and Advisory Committees (ACs) to nominate volunteers to serve as mentors in its Fellowship Program and to serve on the Fellowship Program Selection Committee. There will be a total of seven mentors and seven Selection Committee members, and each group is welcome to nominate one individual for each role.
Interested SOs/ACs should select their respective Fellowship Program mentor and Selection Committee representative by 31 January 2021 and notify fellowshipconsultation at icann.org<mailto:fellowshipconsultation at icann.org>. Individual self-nominations will not be considered.
* Mentors generally must plan on a time commitment of approximately 30-40 hours before, during, and immediately after each ICANN Public Meeting. This includes extensive pre-meeting preparation, on-site support for their assigned fellows, and post-meeting reporting.
* Each mentor will serve a term that includes three consecutive ICANN Public Meetings, beginning with ICANN72.
* Mentors are expected to follow Fellowship Program guidelines [icann.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.icann.org/resources/pages/fellowship-mentoring-guidelines-2018-12-13-en__;!!PtGJab4!vf5aLnsaVkEbdrYlrpVbOoheuUcH3V_A6mlirNDL7wOe5aA2WJpkiEpOgZGI1IhsZ58EkFAC$> to help ensure consistency in capacity development opportunities for fellows and to help fellows actively participate in ICANN's work.
* Mentors will receive travel funding support (if applicable).
* Selection Committee:
* Members should plan on a time commitment of approximately 30-40 hours over four to five weeks for each Public Meeting.
* Selection Committee members will typically serve for two years, which encompasses six Public Meetings.
* Work for this role will begin in April 2021 to select fellows for ICANN72.
For more information on the guidelines and expectations, please go here [icann.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.icann.org/resources/pages/fellowship-mentoring-2018-10-15-en__;!!PtGJab4!vf5aLnsaVkEbdrYlrpVbOoheuUcH3V_A6mlirNDL7wOe5aA2WJpkiEpOgZGI1IhsZ9tC8KWg$> for additional details on the Mentorship program and here [icann.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.icann.org/resources/pages/fellowship-selection-committee__;!!PtGJab4!vf5aLnsaVkEbdrYlrpVbOoheuUcH3V_A6mlirNDL7wOe5aA2WJpkiEpOgZGI1IhsZ0_z_XXt$> for additional details on the Selection Committee.
Mentors cannot serve on the Selection Committee while serving their terms as mentors.
At-Large support staff
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NA-Discuss