[NA-Discuss] Fwd: On behalf of CROP Staff - FY20 CROP - wiki, procedures and guidelines

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 21:40:50 UTC 2019

FYI

-ed

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 4:18 AM
Subject: On behalf of CROP Staff - FY20 CROP - wiki, procedures and
guidelines
To: Eduardo Diaz <eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com>, Sergio Salinas Porto <
presidencia at internauta.org.ar>, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>,
Mohamed El Bashir <mbashir at mbash.net>, Satish Babu <sb at inapp.com>
Cc: crop-staff at icann.org <crop-staff at icann.org>, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org>

Dear community leaders,

I am pleased to announce that the FY20 Community Regional Outreach Program
(CROP) space is now ready for your use. The CROP team thanks all community
leaders and groups for collaboratively working with our regional Global
Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) colleagues to develop the various Outreach
Strategic Plans for this fiscal year.

re-formatted the Guidelines and Procedures, and we have also added a “What
Has Changed” section at the top of the home page for your easy reference.

*What has not changed from FY19*: The submission and concurrence process,
templates and forms remain the same as for FY19. The fundamental concept
that CROP trips should be closely linked to current ICANN policy or
technical work is also unchanged.

*What is changing for FY20*: The following aspects of CROP are new for FY20.

   - Applicable *geographic regions and countries* within regions – ICANN
   Org believes that it will allow for greater clarity as well as community
   flexibility in many cases to use the *GSE list of countries and regions*,
   rather than the less detailed listing of official ICANN meeting regions.
   The FY20 CROP space therefore contains a link to the current GSE list for
   your reference.
   - Reimbursement for *conference registration fees* – while the general
   rule remains that conference registration fees are not part of CROP
   funding, for FY20 ICANN Org has created a *limited exception* for cases
   where senior staff approval has been sought and obtained.
   - Using *1 out of 3 trip allocations to an ICANN Public Meeting or
   ICANN-organized event* – for FY20, community groups will *no longer be
   required to FIRST use 1 trip allocation for this purpose*. In other
   words, any 1 out of the 3 trip allocations can be used to an ICANN Public
   Meeting or ICANN-organized event (if one is taking place in the applicable
   region). ICANN Org hopes this will provide the community with greater
   flexibility in planning their FY20 strategic outreach activities.
   - Clarifying *7-week deadline* for trip requests – we understand that
   the FY19 requirement of “5 calendar days plus 6 weeks” may have been
   confusing for some groups. As such, for FY20, we will count the period
   between the last possible day for submitting a trip request and the
   commencement date of the trip as seven (7) weeks. This will not
   substantially alter the actual duration in question (as between FY19 and
   FY20), but we hope the clarification will provide greater clarity. Please
   note that this will not alter the requirement that the relevant regional
   VP’s *concurrence must still be obtained a minimum of 6 weeks* before
   travel commences.
   - *CROP staff lead* administrator – for FY20, the staff lead for this
   program will be Maryam Bakoshi. She will be responsible for ensuring
   compliance with the applicable deadlines, following up on trip proposals
   and assessment reports, and to generally assist you with the program.
   However, please continue to send your queries and reports to the usual
   email address (crop-staff at icann.org).

On behalf of the CROP staff team, our regional GSE colleagues and ICANN’s
Constituency Travel department, I hope that your groups will find the FY20
CROP helpful in conducting your regional strategic outreach activities.

The FY20 CROP space can be found here:
https://community.icann.org/display/soacabout/CROP-FY20. Please note that
we are launching this space now in the interests of time, and will be
continuing to update and correct any errors that we may find. Thank you for
your understanding!

Best regards,

Mary, Maryam and the CROP staff team

--
*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named