[NA-Discuss] CROP Selection Committee

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:35:24 UTC 2019

*CROP Selection Committee Call for Volunteers*

NARALO has  three CROP trips per year and the FY20 Crop trips start on July
1, 2019 to June 31, 2020 and the process that  NARALO has created and is in
the process of refinement.   The three trips for NARALO this year were all
in the winter/spring of 2019 and most of the CROP trips will occur later in
the FY 20 budget period.  Important to note that we need to give
substantial time to permit ICANN staff to book the flights and hotel for
the travellers so the selection committee convenes well in advance to the
CROP trip( 10 weeks)

In an effort to be more transparent we are calling out to community members
to volunteer for the selection committee.  Since its an adhoc committee it
will serve to review all the applications and propose the top two
candidates( the second name as an alternative)

*Expression of Interest   CROP SELECTION COMMITTEE( Three names) *
https://forms.gle/fE6dcfsCH8QfY5V89

Please visit the link above if interested

*#2  Pre ICANN 65 Marrakesh Readout*

The Internet is a global system. So policies about safety, security,
reliability as well as issues such as cooperation with various governance
and legal systems in different jurisdictions must take place in an
international context. Are you ever curious about how that happens? Attend
the 3rd local ICANN read-out and find out about how decisions are being
made in the background through a unique multistakeholder model.