[NA-Discuss] ALAC nomination

Matthew Rantanen mrantanen at sctdv.net
Thu Apr 26 20:56:10 UTC 2018

I've been offline on travel, and have come back to an honorable situation,
but I must offer an adjustment, and an alternate solution.

John, I am thankful for your confidence, and for nominating me. (Javier, I
appreciate the vote of confidence and second)...

I must respectfully decline, but I do not offer this decline without an
equal or better solution.

* I would like to nominate in my stead, Loris Taylor, CEO of Native Public
Media, and the true force behind our Global Indigenous objectives.
Starting at ICANN50 in London with Loris, and her obvious contributions
since then, I would hope that this is an obvious choice. And as Geoffrey
Blackwell and I have assured ICANN and Staff, that when you have one of use
you have the 3 of us. We are the united international front of Native
Public Media.

Geoffrey and I will be interfacing with ICANN on many different levels, and
potentially seeking different positions in the near future, but He and I
are tied to Tribal obligations  for the remainder of 2018, and will not be
able to attend in person to ICANN, though we intend to be involved
remotely, and supporting Loris Taylor, should she get seated in this
position.

I truly appreciate the nod.

Respectfully,

mrr

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Javier Rua <javrua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great candidate! I second that
>
> Javier Rúa-Jovet
>
> +1-787-396-6511
> twitter: @javrua
> skype: javier.rua1
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/javrua
>

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 3:44 PM, John Laprise <jlaprise at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to nominate Matthew Rantanen to the ALAC.
>
> John Laprise

Matthew R. Rantanen
Director of Technology
Southern California Tribal Chairmen's Association
Tribal Digital Village
760.535.5907
mrantanen at sctdv.net