[NA-Discuss] MAILCARD Feedbacl

Javier Rua javrua at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:52:06 UTC 2017

Ok, except that as Commonwealths, Puerto Rico and CNMI have attained a voluntary, consented, political status validated by the United Nations.

http://www.anuariocdi.org/anuario3-capitulos-pdf/ACDI_V3_2010_JRua.pdf

Also, as per the US State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual, 'Commonwealth' when used in connection with areas under the sovereignty of the USA that are not states of the Union, is the term that "broadly describes an area that is self-governing under a constitution of its adoption".

None of the other territories have adopted their own constitutions.

Javier Rúa-Jovet

+1-787-396-6511
twitter: @javrua
skype: javier.rua1